It is widely acknowledged that society is on the cusp of dramatic change due to advances in technology such as AI. This is likely to have important implications for the research sector. It will change the way research is carried out and what research it is even possible to carry out.
However, it is vital to ensure that the findings of ‘automated research’ can be trusted and that research is conducted in a way that minimises the potential for harm.
Join Demos and Jisc to discuss how automated research will change the way we conduct research.
- Dr Paul Feldman – Chief Executive, Jisc
- Ben Glover – Senior Researcher, Demos
- Lord James O’Shaughnessy
- Dr Sarah Main – Executive Director, Campaign for Science and Engineering
- James Crouch – Head of Omnibus and Research Manager, Opinium Research
- Polly Mackenzie (Chair) – Chief Executive, Demos
Date: Tuesday 1st October
Time: 8:15am – 9:30am
Venue: Exchange 5, Manchester Central Convention Complex
This event is kindly supported by Jisc.
Please note that this event takes place inside the secure zone. You will need a conference pass in order to attend.