Demos is a champion of people, ideas, and democracy. We bring people together. We bridge divides. We listen and we understand. We are practical about the problems we face, but endlessly optimistic and ambitious about our capacity, together, to overcome them.
Three things make Demos unique:
- We listen to people, from all walks of life. We use rigorous research methods, including machine learning and big data, to understand social trends as well as people’s lives and experiences. We get people together to discuss problems and develop solutions, whether that’s in focus groups, citizens juries, or online communities.
- We’re authentically cross-party. We’re passionate about ideas and innovation and we believe working across party lines is the way to get things done. And we know you don’t have to be in government to make change: so we’ll also work with social and community leaders, businesses and campaigners to renew Britain.
- We innovate and look forward. We believe in the power of change to improve lives and we live by that philosophy. We experiment with new ways of doing research and propose bold policy solutions. We’re looking ahead to the challenges and opportunities of the next decade. We don’t see problems, we see the opportunity to come up with new solutions.
Title: Digital Content and Production Officer
We are now looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic person to take on the role of Digital Content and Production Officer.
This is an opportunity for a talented designer and content creator to take Demos’ content and visual identity to the next level.
The successful candidate will be embedded in our External Affairs team, leading on our production processes and becoming a driving creative force when it comes to developing our brand and visual identity.
- Managing the production process around our research – including designing reports, social media graphics and writing engaging content.
- Implementing and developing our brand visual identity guidelines.
- Working across the organisation to create engaging content across the Demos website, social media channels and beyond, including creating infographics and data visualisations.
- Writing compelling copy for the Demos website and social media.
- Working with our research teams to come up with ways to bring our work to life across all mediums.
Reporting to: Director of External Affairs
Staff supervised: None
- Proven experience of working with and managing a brand identity
- A strong creative drive and excellent written ability
- Experience of using the Adobe Creative Suite to professional standards
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage competing priorities
- Interest in Demos’ areas of work
- Experience of using Google Analytics
- Experience in a charity or think tank environment
Terms and Conditions
Location: Demos Offices, SW1A. We would support flexible working for this role.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Holidays: 30 days plus statutory holidays
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all.
To apply, please send a CV, a cover letter of no more than 2 A4 pages and an example of your previous design work to [email protected] by 9am on Monday 15th November.